Shop smile.amazon.com and choose Acton Public Library as your charity. We will receive .05% of your purchase total.
“A library outranks any other one thing a community can do to benefit its people. It is a never failing spring in the desert.” ~Andrew Carnegie
The Acton Public Library belongs to all of us. Many organizations and citizens like you contribute to the health of the Library by donating their time, money and materials. Your support helps the library serve the community above and beyond what tax-based funding provides. Thanks to donations from individuals and businesses and foundations, the library can provide more and better:
- Books, movies and games
- Technology resources, including free public access to computers and the Internet
- Programming for children, teens, and adults
- Community events
Support your Library and help it grow!
For further information regarding donations to the Library, please call (207) 636-2781. The Acton Public Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Donate your returnables through CLYNK! Help the library and help the environment.
- Pick up a CLYNK packet from the library.
- Fill the CLYNK bag with returnable bottles and cans.
- Take the green bag to Hannaford.
- At the CLYNK station, scan the sticker and place the green bag in the storage bin. The library CLYNK account will be credited.
Did you know you can recycle ink cartridges at the library?
By recycling your empty ink cartridges at the library, you can help us earn vouchers to be used for office supplies. The library can earn $2 per cartridge and can turn in up to 10 cartridges each month. Just bring the cartridges in a plastic bag and turn them in at the front desk or drop them in the book drop.
We are looking for the following items to be donated to the library.
- Envelopes and stamps
- Children’s scissors
- Glue sticks
- Construction paper
- DVDs and Audiobook CDs
- Reams of paper
- Sponsor a magazine
- Sponsor a newspaper
Our budget request relies on income from private donations. You can mail your financial contribution to the library or bring it in during regular library hours.
35 H Road
Acton, Maine 04001
We love accepting your gently used books, audiobooks, DVDs and other materials. We frequently sell these items at our book sales or book stores, and they provide crucial revenue for the library. For more information please read our Books and Materials Donation Guidelines.
What we can accept:
- Hardback and paperback books for adults and children
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Coffee table books on any subject
- DVD movies and instructional videos
- Music and Books on CD
- Cookbooks, craft books
- Bibles and religious books
- Puzzles and games with all their pieces
Sorry, we cannot accept:
- Home-recorded audiovisual items
- Items that are defaced, damaged, deteriorating or have missing pages.